Formed in 2009, OSN is the leading pay-TV operator in the Middle East and North Africa. Offering premium entertainment content from major networks and studios with more than 150 TV channels.
Last October, OSN wanted to drive sales on its web site osn.com and promote a new subscription package in the Gulf countries of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, and Jordan.
Because pay TV has broad appeal among different demographics, OSN hoped to use Facebook ads to reach a wide audience.
OSN knew that its audience would react well to a simple and valuable offer. So, it created a new subscription package “El Farq” with a competitive price and an easy setup. The offer was only available through its website.
- Starting with a broad audience. It targeted ads to people with an interest in entertainment, high-end goods, technology and high-end mobile devices.
- It also targeted ads to a lookalike audience of its existing customers.
- Finally, it also retargeted ads to two groups of people:
- website visitors who did not complete their purchase
- Lapsed customers whom it hoped to win back
Using the Facebook website conversions ad objective, OSN encouraged customers to visit its website to sign up for the new deal.
Following Facebook’s best practices. The ad creative was customized for a mobile environment and the messaging was presented clearly and immediately.
Therefore, the ads used the bold statement “We added, we simplified, we removed”. To pique customer curiosity, and coupled it with relevant and engaging clips from TV shows that brought the offer to life.
OSN successfully used the website conversions ad objective to encourage people to visit its website. Which significantly boosted sales. Running from October 31–November 13, 2018, the campaign achieved:
- 6.3 times increase in online sales
Facebook products used
- Carousel: Show up to ten images or videos in a single ad.
- Core Audiences: Select the right target audience for your ads.
- Custom Audiences: Reach your customers and contacts on Facebook.
- Lookalike Audiences: Find people who are similar to your customers and contacts.
Saba Omaish, Senior Manager, Media Buying and Planning, OSN said:
“This campaign was a true testament to the benefits one can derive from marrying the right proposition with the right audience.”
While, Mohamed Helmy, Performance Manager, Starcom said:
In conclusion, if you have a similar success story? Share it with us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]