Youtube has been always the go-to platform for creators, simply, because of how easy to monetize your videos. Facebook realizes that allowing creators to monetize is all it takes to take over the video industry. Hence, Facebook has introduced ad breaks program.
What are ad breaks
Ad breaks help eligible video creators earn money by including short ads before or during qualifying videos. Creators will get a share of the revenue from the video ads shown to viewers. Viewers must view the entire ad to continue watching a video. Because different advertisers target different types of people, each viewer may see a different ad during the same ad break.
Ad breaks is available in 29 countries and seven languages.
There are three types of ad breaks:
- Pre-roll ads: Ads that play before your video starts. These are shown to people who actively seek out the content either by search, on a Page timeline or on the watchlist in Watch. The more viewers that seek out the content, the more payouts the creator will receive from pre-roll.
- Mid-roll ads: Ads that play during your video. These work the best within a video that has natural break points. Today, the vast majority of videos are still discovered in News Feed. To take advantage of all monetization opportunities, we recommend that creators program their content for mid-roll.
- Image ads: This type of ad is a static image that appears below the content and doesn’t affect the viewing experience.
How to works
Ads are placed at natural breaks in your content to create a better experience for your audience, while increasing the number of possible placements, upping your earning potential. You can always choose your own placements or turn off ad breaks for individual videos.
You can decide which advertisers, or categories of advertisers, you don’t want appearing next to your content. Plus, you have the option to choose to have your content reviewed early, so you can start earning from the moment you publish.
Ad breaks insights
Understanding ad breaks insights means understanding your earnings, and it’s made easier with Creator Studio.
How to become eligible for ad breaks?
Just like Youtube, there’re minimum requirements to be able to show ads on your videos. Creators must fulfill a certain criteria to become eligible to use Ad breaks.
- 100,000 followers: Videos must be published from a Page – not a profile – that has at least 10,000 followers.
- 1-minute views for 3-minute videos:This metric helps determine how successfully you’ll be able to monetise with ad breaks. In the last 60 days, you need to have had 30,000 one-minute views on videos that are at least three minutes long.
- Monetization eligibility standards: It’s important to be familiar with these standards, not only to be eligible for ad breaks, but to stay eligible.
Country and language availability: review current list of supported countries and languages:
Supported languages: Arabic, English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai.
- Supported countries: Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, France, Germany, Guatemala, Honduras, Ireland, Jordan, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, the Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States. Check this page for updates on supported countries.
You can check eligibility at any time from this link.
However, even if your country is not supported yet, you can still sign up for ad breaks program if your page meets the rest of requirements, this will qualify your to run ads once ad breaks program is available in your country. Your page will be labeled as pre-registered.