The right job description saves time, effort as well as budget since it attracts qualified talents to your opening. It also boosts brand recognition. Hence, it’s important to craft an effective job description for your talent acquisition efforts.
Use the following template to build an effective Merchandising Manager job description for your Linkedin job post or any free job posting website.
As a Merchandising Manager, you will be responsible for creating, overseeing, and implementing merchandising strategies. You will manage a team of marketing and merchandising professionals to ensure that all deadlines, inventory requirements, and customer orders are completed in a timely manner.
Main Responsibilities of a Merchandising Manager
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing assortment mix in line with category strategy, revenues, and gross margin target as well as inventory levels
- Forecasting, price setting, and negotiating quantities with buyers, suppliers, and distributors
- Ensuring product selection is aligned with market trends
- Analyzing product performance & sell-through tracking on a monthly/seasonal basis
- You have a degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field.
- You have prior experience within Merchandising.
- You possess strong negotiation skills and can arrive at win-win solutions with partners.
- You have strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- You have strong analytical skills and are comfortable dealing with numerical data.
- You thrive in matrix environments and are adept at influencing and coordinating with different stakeholders.