How to Write Content Manager Job Description?
The right job description saves time, effort as well as budget since it attracts qualified talents to your opening. It also boosts brand recognition. Hence, it’s important to craft an effective job description for your talent acquisition efforts.
Use the following template to build an effective Content Manager job description for your Linkedin job post or any free job posting website.
As a Content Manager, you will be responsible for developing a consistent brand identity for a company and establish its online presence (content) to achieve your business goals, as well as, sharing the content to raise brand awareness and monitoring web traffic and metrics to identify best practices.
Marketing Manager, Marketing Director, Marketing VP, and Chief Marketing Officer (CMO).
Main Responsibilities of a Content Manager
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the business to create an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan in line with business objectives
- Developing and executing content marketing campaigns to drive traffic, engagement, leads, sales and customer retention
- Developing and managing the editorial calendar to ensure deadlines are met
- Generating engaging content for thought leadership pieces, websites, social platforms and marketing collateral
- Managing relationships with external marketing agencies
- Ensuring consistency of brand voice, style and tone across all content
- You have a degree in Journalism, Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- You have prior experience within a similar role.
- You are a creative marketing professional, preferably with a strong content creation and writing background.
- You have the ability to develop engaging content for a wide range of audiences.
- You are a creative thinker and have an excellent attention to detail.
- You are organized and can deliver high quality work within agreed timelines.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.