The proper job description saves time, effort and since it attracts qualified talents to your opening. It also boosts brand recognition. Hence, it’s essential to craft a practical job description for your talent acquisition efforts.
Use the following template to build a practical VP Sales job description for your Linkedin job post or any free job posting website.
As a VP (Vice President) of Sales, you will be responsible for directing your organization’s sales team to meet and exceed strategic goals.
Main Responsibilities of a VP Sales
Reporting to the (Chief Commercial Officer), you will lead a team of (number) professionals to meet the company’s customer acquisition & growth objectives.
You will be responsible for:
- Driving sales objectives and achieving commercial budget and targets
- Identifying new sales opportunities and building client relationships
- Building a high performing team by providing strong mentorship, coaching, and guidance
- Ensuring timely recognition and reward for top achievers and implementing performance management actions when needed
- Ensuring the proper use of CRM database and tools to track performance
- Building strong and collaborative relationships with other internal stakeholders
- Monitoring market trends and providing regular competitor analysis
- You have a degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- You have prior experience and a strong track record of success in a senior sales leadership role.
- You have successfully built, scaled, and led high-performing sales teams.
- You have strong experience within consultative sales and possess the ability to prospect and manage senior-level relationships.
- You are a team player that thrives in helping others succeed.
- You are a strategic thinker & problem solver with the ability to be hands-on.