How ToJob Description
How to Write VP Sales Job Description?
The proper job description saves time, effort and since it attracts qualified talents to your opening. It also boosts brand recognition. Hence, it’s essential to craft a practical job description for your talent acquisition efforts.
Use the following template to build a practical VP Sales job description for your Linkedin job post or any free job posting website.
As a VP (Vice President) of Sales, you will be responsible for directing your organization’s sales team to meet and exceed strategic goals.
Main Responsibilities of a VP Sales
Reporting to the (Chief Commercial Officer), you will lead a team of (number) professionals to meet the company’s customer acquisition & growth objectives.
You will be responsible for:
- Driving sales objectives and achieving commercial budget and targets
- Identifying new sales opportunities and building client relationships
- Building a high performing team by providing strong mentorship, coaching, and guidance
- Ensuring timely recognition and reward for top achievers and implementing performance management actions when needed
- Ensuring the proper use of CRM database and tools to track performance
- Building strong and collaborative relationships with other internal stakeholders
- Monitoring market trends and providing regular competitor analysis
- You have a degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- You have prior experience and a strong track record of success in a senior sales leadership role.
- You have successfully built, scaled, and led high-performing sales teams.
- You have strong experience within consultative sales and possess the ability to prospect and manage senior-level relationships.
- You are a team player that thrives in helping others succeed.
- You are a strategic thinker & problem solver with the ability to be hands-on.