The proper job description saves time and effort since it attracts qualified talents to your opening. It also boosts brand recognition. Therefore, it’s essential to craft a practical job description for your talent acquisition efforts.
Use the following template to build a practical Personal Assistant job description for your Linkedin job post or any free job posting website.
A personal assistant (PA) typically carries out administrative work on behalf of one individual, unlike an administrator who looks after a team, providing senior managers with day-to-day administrative support.
CEO, Executive Leadership Team
The primary responsibilities of a Personal Assistant
- Reporting to senior management and performing secretarial and administrative duties
- Arranging Business meetings and writing meetings minutes and notes
- Typing, formatting, and editing reports, documents, and presentations
- Entering data, maintaining databases, and keeping records
- Liaising with internal departments, answering calls, and making travel arrangements
- Managing internal and external correspondence on behalf of senior management
- Scheduling appointments, maintaining an events calendar, and sending reminders
- Copy, scan, and fax documents
- Preparing facilities for scheduled events and arranging refreshments, if required
- Ordering office supplies and replacements, as well as managing mail and courier services
- Observe best business practices and etiquette
- High school diploma or GED
- Certification in secretarial work, office administration, or related training
- 1-2 years of experience as a personal assistant would be advantageous
- Extensive experience in creating documents and spreadsheets using office software such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advanced typing, note-taking, recordkeeping, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage internal and external correspondence
- Working knowledge of printers, copiers, scanners, and fax machines
- Proficiency in appointment scheduling software such as MS Outlook, as well as call forwarding
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.