Snap Inc. is planning to launch a new feature to allow Username Change effective Feb 23, a highly anticipated feature allowing Snapchatters who may want to change their username to reflect their authentic identities.
The feature is expected to be widely adopted by Snap’s age-up users who may have grown out of their initial usernames.
Starting 23 February, all Snapchatters on iOS and Android will be able to change their original username without any impact on their friendships, Snap code, Snap Score, Memories, etc.
Username Change is one of the most highly requested features from Snap’s community, and one which is incredibly important for so many Snapchatters.
Snapchatters will be able to change their Username once per year to any unclaimed handle that has not been used (including by themselves) in the past.
To update a Snapchat Username, users can follow these five quick easy steps:
- Tap the Bitmoji icon in the top right corner of the Camera to head to the profile screen
- Select settings by tapping on the gear icon in the top right corner of the profile
- Tap “Username,” just below Name, and select “Change Username” marked in blue
- From there, click continue on the pop up reminding that Usernames can only be changed once per year
- Type in a new Username, hit next, and log back into Snapchat to finalize!