Facebook is introducing Facebook Paper, a new app that helps users explore and share stories from friends and popular news sources.
“Paper makes storytelling more beautiful with an immersive design and fullscreen, distraction-free layouts. We’ve also made it easier to craft and share beautiful stories of your own.” Facebook said
Paper is the first product from Facebook Creative Labs, where they’re crafting new apps to find different ways people want to connect and share.
Watch the introduction video.
The paper app comprises stories and themed sections to follow your favorite interests. The first section in Paper is your Facebook News Feed, where you’ll enjoy inspiring new designs for photos, videos, and longer written posts. You can customize the Paper with more than a dozen other sections about various themes and topics—from photography and sports to food, science, and design. Each section includes a rich mix of content from emerging voices and well-known publications.
How to use
- Everything responds to your touch, so you can pick up or thumb through stories with simple, natural movements.
- You can tilt your phone to explore high-resolution panoramic photos from corner to corner and see faces and other important details up close.
- Fullscreen autoplay videos come to life and bring you deep into the action
- Beautifully detailed covers make it easy to spot articles from trusted publishers and decide what to read or watch.· Articles unfold in the app and appear fullscreen for a focused reading experience
- When you’re ready to tell your own story, you know exactly what your post or photo will look like because you see a live preview before you share it
App release date &availability
The app will be available for the iPhone on February 3rd. For an early look, you can take a tour of Paper.