The right job description saves time, effort as well as budget, since it attracts qualified talents to your opening. It also boosts the brand recognition. Hence, it’s important to craft an effective job description for your talent acquisition efforts.
Use the following template to build an effective Marketing Director job description for your Linkedin job post or any free job posting website.
As a Marketing Director, you will be responsible for your company’s marketing and communications strategies, as well as overall branding and image. In addition, you will manage the marketing process from research and planning to execution and analysis.
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), CEO
Main Responsibilities of a Marketing Director
You will lead the marketing team and provide broader strategic and operational marketing leadership to the company.
- Conceptualizing and implementing the marketing strategy & plan in line with business objectives
- Designing, planning and executing effective marketing campaigns in line with the plan & determining and implementing metrics to measure campaign effectiveness
- Leading the overall brand’s financial planning, ensuring the development of plans and forecasts that deliver growth and profit objectives
- Sourcing and managing agencies where appropriate for key marketing functions – PR, advertising, media, social, digital, etc.
- Creating content strategies based on the business objectives, category focus, audience segment through all channels (online/offline/social)
- Building a high performing marketing team and ensuring effective coordination with other teams
- Managing and reviewing the marketing budget
- Keeping updated on market trends & competitor strategies
- You have a degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- You have prior experience in a similar role.
- You have good knowledge across the entire spectrum of the marketing function, including brand marketing, PR, content management, digital marketing & performance marketing.
- You have excellent written & verbal communication skills and are comfortable dealing with the media.
- You are adept at building relationships and liaising with multiple stakeholders and thrive in matrix environments.
- You are a strong leader who has built, scaled and led high performing marketing teams.
- You are a strategic thinker & problem solver with the ability to be hands-on.