The right job description saves time, effort as well as budget, since it attracts qualified talents to your opening. It also boosts the brand recognition. Hence, it’s important to craft an effective job description for your talent acquisition efforts.
Use the following template to build an effective Chief Marketing Officer job description for your Linkedin job post or any free job posting website.
A Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), as a key member of the senior leadership team, you will lead the planning, development, and execution of an organization’s marketing strategy and advertising campaigns (online and offline) and initiatives.
Main Responsibilities of a Chief Marketing Officer
You will work closely with the CEO and be responsible for developing marketing strategies in line with business objectives. Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating a marketing strategy and plan in line with company objectives
- Designing, planning and executing effective marketing campaigns in line with the strategic plan & determining metrics to measure campaign effectiveness
- Building brand awareness and generating innovative ideas to promote the brand/product
- Creating content strategies based on the business objectives, category focus and audience segment through all channels (online/offline/social)
- Designing and coordinating promotional campaigns, PR and other marketing efforts across channels (digital, press etc.)
- Building a highly efficient team of marketing professionals and driving effective coordination with other teams to ensure the smooth delivery of marketing initiatives
- Managing the marketing budget
- You have a degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- You have solid marketing experience including prior experience as a Chief Marketing Officer
- You have a demonstrable experience in creating marketing strategies and implementing effective plans as well as managing a sizable marketing budget
- You are a strong leader who has successfully built, scaled and led high performing marketing teams
- You are data driven and possess good analytical skills
- You possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You are a strategic thinker & creative problem solver with the ability to be hands-on when required