Over the past 13 days, major brands have suspended their operations in Russia following the war in Ukraine.
While the Russia-Ukraine conflict has sent the crude oil prices boiling to above the $130 per barrel mark on Monday and pushed investors for safe-haven buying, the United States, European Union, and other Western nations have also imposed fresh sanctions on Russia as the war entered its 14th day.
American and international corporations are taking sanctions against Russia’s actions, their actions range from suspending operations until further notice to pulling out of Russia altogether.
Here are the companies that have joined the global movement against Russia.
Accounting and financial services
- KPMG British-Dutch multinational professional services network
- PWC Professional services network PricewaterhouseCoopers
- American Express Payment card services
- Visa and Mastercard
Entertainment and messaging
- Netflix Global streaming entertainment service
- Snapchat instant messaging app
- Disney, Sony, and Warner Bros will not release new films in Russia
- Apple has paused selling its products (both offline and online)
- Microsoft has also stopped “other aspects of the business
- Google has blocked the Russian news outlets RT and Sputnik
- TikTok restricted new content from Russia
- Samsung Electronics also suspended its shipments to Russia
- Mercedes-Benz has stopped manufacturing and passenger car export
- Ford and General Motors
- PVH, which operates Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger
- Inditex (Zara,Stradivarius,Bershka)
- Apple stopped shipping iPhone and other products
Media and advertising
As the days go by we will update, stay tuned