On Thursday, Cairo based radio station Nile FM reached two million followers on Twitter – making it the most followed radio station account in the Middle East and North Africa.
“Super proud of this milestone. NileFM is now the biggest, most-followed radio station account in the entire MENA region. TWO Million followers, all organic – homegrown, 1.2 million followers ahead of the runner up. A league of our own. Very thankful for the people behind this and for a kickass team at Nile FM: Noura Mashburn Khaled El Habashy Mark Somers Sally SampsonMohamed ‘Mickey’ Ibrahim Feedo Cairo Yara Gendy Zeinab HegartyMahmoud Shoukry Tarek Elaraby Deeb Ahmed Hassan Rassmy Le Safius” Said Omar Shoeb, Head of Digital Communications at Nile Radio Production
Nile Fm, joined Twitter in 2009, uses the platform to announce programs timings, discuss and engage multiple life-topics and various initiatives with Egyptian listeners.
The radio station posted a milestone on Facebook celebrating the twitter achievement.
List of number one most followed radio accounts per country in the MENA region
- Egypt: Nile Fm (@nileFM) with 2M followers
- Morocco: Hit Radio (@hitradioMA) with 885K followers
- Kuwait: Marina FM (@MarinaFM) with 819K followers
- Tunisia: Radio Mosqaique (@RadioMosaiqueFM) with 676K followers
- KSA: UFM (@UFMRadio) with 437K followers
- Oman: Al Wisal (@al_wisal) with 400K followers
- UAE: Sharjah Radio (sharjah_radio) with 270K followers
- Lebanon: Aghani Aghani (@aghaniaghani) with 97K followers
- Jordan: Mazaj (@MazajFM) with 35K followers
- Qatar: Sout Al Khaleej (@soutalkhaleejfm) with 26K followers