TikTok has launched a Ramadan-inspired video series to present data and insights related to the Holy Month on the platform in a fun and interesting way. TikTok took a creative approach to deliver this narrative, integrating the numbers into “mousalsalat” style episodes akin to the TV shows that are so popular during Ramadan.
Connected through one storyline, the mini-series called “أرقام بينحكى فيها” which translates in English to “Numbers Worth Remembering,” sheds light on how brands of all categories can drive results on TikTok. The series follows the story of the main hero, who knows key insights by heart as they help him navigate tricky situations throughout the six episodes.
Each episode was developed to focus on key verticals, including automotive, online retail, consumer goods, food and beverage, beauty, and luxury.
Key figures and insights highlighted in the series include:
- 80% of people develop a positive opinion about car advertisements on TikTok, based on research by Walnut Unlimited.
- 72% of users on TikTok look for product reviews and unboxings based on data from IPSOS.
- Last year, Ramadan recipes on TikTok received 564 million views in MENA, based on internal data.
- 57% of TikTok users get inspired by content creators to try new household products during Ramadan, based on findings from IPSOS.
- 67% of users discover and find inspiration for luxury products on TikTok, based on research by Redseer.
Commenting on the series, Elias Walid Bassil, Head of Business Marketing & Creative Strategy for Consumer, Retail, ECOM – MENA at TikTok, said:
“This year, TikTok is encouraging brands to #BelongDifferently during Ramadan, and our video series proves that we are practicing what we preach. Following the principle of “show, don’t tell,” we make data and statistics entertaining and memorable through short-form video storytelling. The cherry on top is that we are presenting the mini-series in a format relevant to the region and occasion, namely “mousalsal” style episodes, which resemble the beloved Ramadan TV series. We hope marketers in the region find this series enjoyable and useful as they begin activating their Ramadan campaigns.”