On December 12th selected 20 entrepreneurs will get the opportunity to ride around Tahrir Square (approximately 10 mins) with an investor in a stretch-limo. Startups will only have the duration of their ride to pitch their startup and get investment.
Criteria & Rules to Apply
- Should be a business formed maximum 4 years, preferably in technology, or tech-enabled.
- For-profit, not grant-based or NGO
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP) in the market
- You must be prepared to talk about your startup, up-close and personal.
- Pitch must be in English or you must provide a translator.
- Your startup can be from any sector but must be for profit.
- The chief variable will be the time you have. It’s one-time round Tahrir Square!
- Previous investment is OK
Pro-tips to include in a pitch n’ ride pitch
- Tell a (compelling) story
- Engage the investor and look for clues about what is exciting them
- Leave space for a conversation to develop
- Stay on-point
- Be honest about your failures and challenges
- Relate every assumption you make to relevant metrics
- Focus on the problem, solution always comes after
- Keep it simple, light
- Take the investor’s business card
Apply before the deadline on November 19th for a high-octane pitch.
Taking place from 12-13 December at the Greek Campus & downtown area in Cairo. Meet entrepreneurs from all over the MENA-region, investors from around the globe, and learn from those who made it big! with speakers from Google, Microsoft, 500 Startups, TechCrunch, Techstars, Uber, and Forrge presenting, RiseUp – Quantum Leap is without doubt, Middle East and Africa’s Top Entrepreneurship Event this year. Get your pass today