Selling items can be a painful task. It may take days, weeks,s, or even months to sell something.
In this article, we will answer some frequently asked questions on Selling on Facebook Marketplace:
- What items are allowed to sell on Facebook Marketplace?
- How selling on Facebook Marketplace work?
- How to sell safely on Marketplace?
- Is it possible to sell and promote used vehicles listing on Facebook Marketplace? For car dealerships.
- Is it possible to list a house for rent? For property managers or agents.
- How can I become a Facebook Marketplace Partner?
- What are the support channels if Facebook Marketplace isn’t working?
Selling on Facebook Marketplace: what’s allowed and prohibited?
You can sell new or used products and services on Facebook Marketplace; however, you need to comply with commerce and community standards policies.
First, to sell any item, you need to:
Take your own photos.
Use photos that represent the item in its current condition so buyers can see what they are getting.
Write a full, honest description.
Let buyers know the item’s condition and why you are selling it. If you have certificates, original packaging, or receipts, they can help buyers feel confident purchasing from you.
Make sure the price is right.
When you make your sale post, Facebook will let you know what similar items are selling near you. You can also search for similar items to compare.
Mark your item as sold
When the buyer has received the item, mark it as sold to get additional offers.
Tips for Buying and Selling Safely on Marketplace
View the person’s profile
Learn more about the person you are buying from or selling to. You can tap a person’s profile on the product listing page to see the friends you have in common, their Marketplace activity, and any ratings they may have received.
Report listings that look suspicious
Be sure to check seller profiles. See what else they’ve sold and read listing descriptions carefully. If something doesn’t seem right, you can report it.
Meet in a safe location
Consider meeting in a public place where there are plenty of people, such as a coffee shop, grocery store, shopping mall, or police station. Bring a friend and let others know where you’re headed. For high-value items, consider meeting at a police station.
Inspect the item
- If possible, make sure to inspect or test the item before buying it thoroughly.
- Use cash or person-to-person payment methods. It’s recommended to use PayPal or cash.
- When selling an item, consider asking for full payment instead of installments.
- If you choose to use PayPal, make sure to protect yourself against common PayPal scams.
Protect your personal information
Never share personal information, such as your payment login and password details or bank account info. Don’t share your personal financial information to make or accept a purchase. If you’re selling electronics, make sure you’ve cleared any personal information from the device.
Is it possible to sell and promote used vehicles listing on Facebook Marketplace? For car dealerships.
1- Research what it’s worth
Check trusted sites to help price a car. Research local property prices to come up with a fair price.
2- Request a protected payment method
Choose a payment method that will protect you from bounced or counterfeit checks.
3- Check buyer and renter information carefully
You can use services to verify employment, credit scores, and other information.
4- Make things presentable and ready for sale
Get cars and property ready for inspection, a test drive, or a home tour. Make sure that all documents are in order.
Reach even more car buyers – Sell used vehicles on Facebook Marketplace.
Millions of people shop for vehicles on Facebook Marketplace every day. Now car dealerships can publish used vehicle listings on Marketplace to reach buyers where they’re already searching for vehicles – and stay ahead of the competition.
Benefits of Marketplace For Car Dealerships
- Grow your potential vehicle-buyer base.
- Answer buyers in real-time with Messenger.
- Deliver useful info such as price, model, and mileage.
- Target buyers on the go with mobile-friendly listings.
This is a limited introductory program in Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Indonesia, Mexico, the UK, and the US designed for car dealerships that work with partners who can list inventory on Marketplace; it is not for individual car owners.
Dealerships that work with a listing partner can get started straight away. If not, sign up to get started and to list used vehicles on Marketplace.
Are you a property manager or agent?
Here’s everything you need to know about listing homes for rent on Marketplace.
Property managers can list a broad selection of housing inventory for rent on Marketplace. People can browse these listings on Marketplace and use filters such as housing type, price range, bedrooms, bathrooms, square footage, and pet-friendliness to find what they want. When someone finds a listing they like, they can fill in a short form with their contact information, which the property manager or agent will contact.
Some of the benefits to listing inventory on Marketplace include:
- Reaching renters on Facebook where they’re already looking for homes for rent.
- Receiving contact information through a simple contact form
- Delivering useful information such as the number of bedrooms, square footage, and pet-friendliness
- Showcasing multi-unit listings when multiple units are available in the same building
Keep the following information in mind when listing home rental inventory on Marketplace:
- Facebook doesn’t directly use broker, lease, or sublease property and isn’t a party to any transaction between renters and landlords (including property management companies and property managers).
- Listings that discriminate against a protected class can be reported and will be removed from Facebook.
- Rental agencies can’t list properties for sale but can list housing for rent. This includes rooms, apartments, townhomes, and houses for rent.
- Rental listings will appear only on Marketplace, not on a Facebook Page (unless deliberately shared to a Page).
- Marketplace automatically shows listings within 40 miles of a person’s location, but this setting can be changed.
List Home Rental Inventory on Marketplace
Use this list of Facebook Marketplace listing partners and contact them to arrange for your inventory on Marketplace.
- Apartment List: Contact email@example.com. Remember that Apartment List only works with communities with 50+ units.
- Zumper: For landlords with over 25 units, please go to https://www.zumper.com/multifamily. For landlords with under 25 units, post them at www.zumper.com/pro.
- ABODO: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.abodo.com/advertise.
- Rental Beast: Go to www.rentalbeast.com/landlords/post_listing and list your property.
- If you have multiple properties, email email@example.com or call 888-244-6696.
- RentBoard: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.RentBoard.ca.
- RentSeeker: Contact email@example.com or go to www.RentSeeker.ca.
- Zumper: For landlords with over 25 units, go to https://www.zumper.com/multifamily.
- For landlords with under 25 units, post them at www.zumper.com/pro.
- Paruvendu: Go to https://pro.paruvendu.fr/.
- Uniflow: Go to https://www.ubiflow.net/tarifs-immo.php.
- La Boite Immo: Go to https://www.la-boite-immo.com/logiciel-immobilier.html#formulaire.
- Agents interested in signing up can contact La Boite Immo for a demo and pricing options for their various products.
- On The Market: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TheHouseShop: Call 0800 368 7554 or email email@example.com.
- Hipflat: Go to https://www.hipflat.sg/login.
- Dot Property: Go to https://www.dotproperty.co.th/en/upload-your-property.
- Property Flow: Go to https://app.property-flow.com/en/account/login.
Partner With Facebook Marketplace
Partner with Facebook Marketplace and give your customers new ways to reach people through features like free, unlimited listings, and real-time messaging.
- Reach buyers on Facebook who are already shopping
- Provide fast answers with real-time messaging
- Target buyers on the go with mobile-friendly listings
- Deliver useful information to help people decide on a purchase
Types of Partnerships
Facebook is looking for partners in the following industries.
- Auto shopping sites, website providers, live chat providers, or similar businesses
- Are you a car dealership? Sign up
- House or apartment shopping sites live chat providers or similar businesses.
What are the support channels if Facebook Marketplace isn’t loading/working?
If you have fallen victim to Facebook Marketplace policies and recent technical glitch that locked out thousands of users, Facebook has addressed the issue and released a form to help locked out users. The fix comes in less than 24 hours after submitting the form.
how to access facebook marketplace on desktop
On desktop, open browser, login into you facebook account, click the red and white storefront symbol in the left margin.