The right job description saves time, effort as well as budget, since it attracts qualified talents to your opening. It also boosts the brand recognition. Hence, it’s important to craft an effective job description for your talent acquisition efforts.
Use the following template to build an effective VP Marketing job description for your Linkedin job post or any free job posting website.
As a Vice President (VP) in Marketing, you will lead your marketing team, and you will design, implement and monitor effective marketing strategies in line with your business goals and objectives.
Main Responsibilities of a VP Marketing
You will be responsible for:
- Creating a marketing strategy and plan
- Designing, planning and executing effective marketing campaigns in line with the plan & determining and implementing metrics to measure campaign effectiveness
- Building brand awareness and generating innovative ideas to promote the brand/product
- Creating content strategies based on the business objectives, category focus and audience segments through all channels (online/offline/social)
- Designing and coordinating promotional campaigns, PR and other marketing efforts across channels (digital, press etc.)
- Building a high performing marketing team and ensuring effective coordination with other teams
- Managing and reviewing the marketing budget
- Keeping updated on market trends & competitor strategies
- You have a degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- You have prior experience in a similar role.
- You have good knowledge across marketing, including brand marketing, PR, content management, digital marketing & performance marketing.
- You have excellent written & verbal communication skills and are comfortable dealing with the media.
- You are adept at building relationships and liaising with multiple stakeholders and thrive in matrix environments.
- You are a strong leader who has built, scaled and led high performing marketing teams.
- You are a strategic thinker & problem solver with the ability to be hands-on.