Priya Patel, Brand Development Lead at Instagram and Ian Manning, Head of Agencies, Middle East, Africa and Pakistan at Facebook are both presenting at the third edition of the Marketing Kingdom Cairo, Egypt’s most anticipated marketing event in 2017, taking place from 15-16 October at Dusit Thani LakeView Hotel in Cairo.
1. Think and act mobile – Consumers are spending a significant amount of their day on mobile in mobile apps. This makes it a great place to attract attention, deliver a relevant message and to drive business results.
2. Think Mobile Video – In today’s fast paced world, consumers want relevant, targeted messages and are able to determine the key message in a fraction of second and remember key outtakes in a matter of seconds. So in a mobile world, we are able to deliver meaningful messages in only seconds, potentially changing the way we think about advertising.
3. Don’t be afraid to take some risks – Instagram gives businesses the freedom to be nimble and try new things, so don’t worry too much about being perfect the first time around. If something doesn’t resonate with your customers, just change it until you find something that does work. Changes can be made quickly, so don’t be afraid to take some risks. You can use the new Business Insights tool on Instagram to help determine what posts are working for you and what posts are not, over time you will be able to see the kind of content that resonates with your audience and craft your message accordingly each time.
4. Find your voice and share your business’s story – Consumers today are looking for more than just a product or service. They want to understand the story behind a business and see what makes it special. So, find your voice and share your business’s story. By posting authentic content, you can show people what makes your business unique and forge a lasting connection with your customers. What is your brand’s POV, is it a colour, logo or product, make sure some element is always present in your imagery to help deepen that connection and stand out to your audience.
5. What’s done in simplicity has the best outcome of all – Everyone wants to be “the first” – regardless of what it is, being the first is always a huge priority for businesses of any size. But forget this and just remain focused on being the best. Sometimes what’s done in simplicity has the best outcome of all. Often there is no need to over-complicate things. Think about being well crafted in your imagery, this doesn’t mean that it needs to have expensive production. Think about having a strong focal point, make sure you frame your image or film well, and don’t forget good lighting.
Want to hear more from Priya and Ian? Make sure you grab your ticket for the Marketing Kingdom Cairo 3 on the event’s official website: http://www.thepworld.com/event/marketing-kingdom-cairo-3-conference-awards