The British Council and FutureLearn have collaborated to develop Understanding IELTS Techniques for English Language Tests. This is an interactive, elaborate and free online course that is designed to help people in non-native English speaking countries learn the language. This course targets individuals around the B1 intermediate level and above.
This is a six-week course that focuses on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). It is scheduled to begin on the 2nd of October 2017.
Details of the IELTS Course
- Course Level: Introductory
- Course Length: Six weeks
- Student’s Effort: 2 hours per week
- Course Subject: English
- Administering Institutions: FutureLearn in conjunction with British Council
- Course Language: English
- Financial cost to the student: None
- Certificate of proof: Yes
- Session: The Course begins on the 2nd of October 2017
This online course on English is provided by FutureLearn and the British Council. The well-known works of the British Council in English, Education and Society and the Arts is geared towards helping millions around the world learn, experience creativity and excellence from the United Kingdom.
Millions of gifted and talented individuals of all ages, in particular, young people get the opportunity to engage each other online and face-to-face as they learn English and develop new and vital skills. They also get the opportunity to study in the United Kingdom, earn qualifications, and generally experience life in the United Kingdom.
FutureLearn offers participants the opportunity to obtain knowledge from leading cultural institutes and universities from all over the world. These modules are presented to the learner in bits for their convenience. They can be accessed on desktop computers, tablets and even mobile phones.
About The Course
This course is design to offer useful information for anyone planning to take an English language test, such as the IELTS. It also offers valuable information and tips for pieces of advice for anyone who simply wants to learn English.
This course primarily emphasises on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). This system is the best-recognized English test for international migration and higher education. It is recognised and accepted by more than 9,000 institutions and organisations, professional organisations, immigration authorities, employers and institutions of higher learning all over the world. Statics indicate that more than 2.2 million individuals took the test in various parts of the globe in the past year alone.
Why do you need to take the course?
- This online course is designed to improve your experimental design and scientific thinking abilities. All these are geared towards improving your thorough knowledge and understanding of the English language.
- Applicants for the course are entitled to receive certificates signed by the instructors. The credentials also bear the logo of the institution that offered the course. Such a backing will greatly improve the future career aspects of the individual.
- During every phase of the course, a team of experienced IELTS educators and the video tutor will offer advice to the participants.
- All applicants for the course will be encouraged to share opinions, tips and their general experiences with each other in order to create a comprehensive learning environment.
- This course also allows the participants to acquire a statement of participation for their future use. This is a certificate available for purchase and it indicates that the mentioned individual has participated in a course offered by FutureLearn.
This course is offered absolutely free of charge by the Future Learn together with British Council.
Skills acquired at the conclusion of the Understanding IELTS course, anyone who would have taken part will:
- Be well conversant with every aspect of the IELTS test
- Be well equipped with tips to allow them to achieve their IELTS ambitions
- Be able to know how the test is administered and evaluated
- Have had the opportunity to having his or her written and spoken English skills evaluated by their peers
The Instructors in the course: Alister Widdowson
Mr. Widdowson has been teaching English for 20 years. He now focuses more on developing and conducting online English language courses.
Requirements for the courseThis course targets non-native English speakers who may be at around the intermediate level. This could be either around B1 or above on the CEFR.
How to enrol for the course?
- Visit the FutureLearn website on www.futurelearn.com
- Sign up
- Select and join the course you would like
- As soon as the course as the course he or she would have selected starts, the applicant will access all the necessary course material
- When the course begins, all registered learners will be able to access it by clicking on the Go to Course’ link on My Courses’ page.
- Upon completion, applicants will be able to pay for and receive certificates that show that they have completed a course on FutureLearn.
Some FutureLearn courses require participants to pay for an exam so that they can take the exam that qualifies them for a Statement of Attainment. The statement of attainment is a printed university branded certificate that will prove that the named individual took the course topic.