The right job description saves time, effort as well as budget since it attracts qualified talents to your opening. It also boosts brand recognition. Hence, it’s essential to craft an effective job description for your talent acquisition efforts.
Use the following template to build an effective Marketing Manager job description for your Linkedin job post or any free job posting website.
As a Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for building the company’s brand/service/product awareness by developing and executing marketing strategies to meet consumer needs and maximize profits through the creation of marketing campaigns.
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), CEO
Main Responsibilities of a Marketing Director
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing strategic marketing campaigns to help achieve business results
- Ensuring that plans and messaging are aligned with business strategy, reinforce brand positioning, and are delivered effectively to targeted audiences
- Designing and delivering scalable marketing programs and campaigns that provide value-added content that is suited to clients’ and prospects’ needs as well as interests
- Supporting integrated marketing and communications across various channels and vehicles– internal, external, PR, digital, social, web, etc.
- Acting as a brand champion both internally and externally and ensuring full compliance with the brand guidelines and messaging across all solutions
- Collaborating across teams to develop key messages for campaigns, programs, and content syndication, including thought leadership, market reports, surveys, and client success stories
- Collaborating with different stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of strategic marketing plans, including defining success criteria, measuring the effectiveness of initiatives, and reporting on results
- Ensuring that marketing and communications efforts adhere to agreed timelines and managing expectations with various stakeholders
- Keeping up to date with market developments and competitor strategies
- You have a degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field.
- You have prior experience in a similar role.
- You have good knowledge of various aspects of marketing, including brand marketing, PR, content management, digital marketing & Performance Marketing
- You have excellent written & verbal communication skills
- You thrive in matrix environments and are adept at building relationships with different stakeholders
Frequently asked questions:
1. What does a marketing manager do?
As a marketing manager, you’re responsible for building the company’s brand/service/product awareness by developing and executing marketing strategies to meet consumer needs and maximize profits through the creation of marketing campaigns.
2. Who does the marketing manager work with?
Marketing Managers work with several professionals, including Marketing Directors, Marketing Assistants, Project Managers, Account Directors, and Account Executives.
3. What skills are marketing employers looking for in a marketing manager?
- Creativity: robots might do well optimizing old ideas. But new, creative solutions have to be designed by humans!
- UX Design: in our world, technology-driven, providing a good user experience will make or break any product.
- Video Production: another study by HubSpot revealed that content distribution channels most companies plan to develop next year are: YouTube and Facebook Video.
- Audio Production: Podcasts are still on the rise, and Millennials love them.
- Sales Leadership: the single marketing skill that will influence your bottom line the most.
- Social Media Marketing: if it’s not in Google, it doesn’t exist. More like: if it’s not on Facebook, it doesn’t exist.
- Digital Marketing: a catch-all term for most of the above. Old-school TV/radio marketing won’t get you far anymore.
4. How to write a cover letter for a marketing manager?
Example: “As a marketing specialist with supervisory responsibilities overseeing a small-but-scrappy marketing team, I live and breathe marketing. When I stumbled across your job post for a marketing manager at Wilshire Creative, I knew it was a position with my name all over it.”
Also, see other Marketing Related Job Descriptions:
- Brand Manager Job Description
- Marketing Director Job Description
- VP Strategic Growth Job Description
- VP Marketing Job Description
- Chief Marketing Officer Job Description
- Performance Marketing Manager job description