How to Write Category Manager Job Description?
The right job description saves time, effort as well as budget since it attracts qualified talents to your opening. It also boosts brand recognition. Hence, it’s important to craft an effective job description for your talent acquisition efforts.
Use the following template to build an effective Category Manager job description for your Linkedin job post or any free job posting website.
Category managers are integral to the development and success of a product or service.
As a Category Manager, you will effectively manage a good relationship between you and re-sellers/customers; since it’s the key to the success of a product category. In addition, you will perform various functions to achieve success for your products, both in terms of sales and profitability.
Marketing Manager, Marketing Director, Marketing VP, and Chief Marketing Officer (CMO).
Main Responsibilities of a Category Manager
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and monitoring category assortment performance and implementing various action plans for improvement
- Forecasting new product demand and reviewing product pricing to ensure they meet margin targets with healthy YoY growth
- Implementing various strategies through in-depth analysis of assortment, pricing, competitor analysis, and various other market information
- Working closely with our internal teams (sourcing team etc.) to project manage new product development from ideation to discontinuation
- Finding opportunities to maximize the profitability of the business and conducting financial analysis
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of the industry, trends, and competitive landscape
- You have a degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a related field.
- You have prior experience within Category Management.
- You have strong experience in business analytics, consumer insights development, a solid understanding of core marketing levers
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can build relationships with and influence stakeholders.
- You are an excellent communicator and creative thinker.
- You are organized and able to juggle multiple priorities and deliverables.